Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Blog #1: Multiple Choice Reflection

Today, we got back our results for the first multiple choice assessment for the AP Literature exam. I scored a 17 out of 25. For me, the most important thing I learned is that I should close read more carefully. I missed several questions that I could have gotten correct if I read more carefully. I think I didn't read as closely was because of the time limit. The most useful element I learned was how similar it was to the old AP Composition exam. Previously, I had thought that they would be very different exams. They still share many elements- like the focus on how the author crafts the piece. I think they felt similar because the techniques of analyzing text are similar for most pieces. But there still were differences. Unlike the AP Composition exam, this practice test focused more on literary pieces over nonfiction essays. It also dealt with arguments less. I think this is the reason they are different courses, different focus. Ultimately, I did worse than I did at the end of AP Composition last year. This means I will have to relearn and reapply skills in different ways from the AP Composition exam along with entirely new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment